How the Website Began and Grew
The ChicagoMuslimConvert.com (CMC) website was simply developed out of necessity. In late 2010, several Muslims dedicated endless hours toward assisting the founder with developing and editing content and validating references. The website went live on 1/1/2011 and a buddy program kicked off shortly after. May Allah bless all of the involved individuals who helped build convert knowledge and support. In January of 2013, the 'buddy program' was transitioned over to Ta'leef Collective's Convert Continuum of Care (CCC).
Website Purpose / Differentiators
- This website aims to be an exhaustive site that provides not only information about Islam at an introductory level (religion basics, information about the Qur'an and Arabic, Islamic dates & holidays, etc ), but also thorough and well-referenced guidance on dressing, 'mixing', going to Jumu'ah, performing Hajj, etc.
- This website will provide references and links to all Qur'an or ahadith noted on the website. This website follows a consistent and exhaustive ahadith approach.
- This website provides both English and Arabic terms and definitions, enhancing the comprehension possibilities for new Muslims.
- This website makes Chicagoland Muslims aware of Chicagoland resources available to help them learn Arabic, learn about Islam, etc., and lists events specifically beneficial to converts and that are spoken in English.
- This website forwards Chicagoland individuals to Ta'leef Collective's Convert Continuum of Care (CCC) to ensure they have a access to a solid program of support.
We understand that there is a lot of information about Islam available on the web, some of which may be false (intentional or unintentional), and we are making a strong attempt to reference everything and provide links to each reference. We strongly encourage readers to kindly challenge everything being provided in text or verbally, and to gain a deep understanding of the teachings of Islam. If you identify missing or inaccurate references on our website, please contact us.